Proving Test Technician
Up to £18.00 per hour LTD
6 Month initial contract
A Proving Test Technician opportunity has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
The role will involve a variety of engine installation projects into off-highway machines. Primarily covering mechanical and electrical engine to machine integration, shakedown and test.
Responsibilities may include:
- Follow documented standard work procedures/instructions to perform safe and defect free assembly of parts and components, using various hand, power tools and lifting equipment provided in the work area
- Install prototype, pilot and production engines into machines.
- Operate a multitude of different off-highway vehicles including but not limited to, Hydraulic Excavators, Back hoe Loaders, Telehandlers, Track Type Tractors where required.
- Instrument engine installs with, thermocouples, pressure transducers, speed pickups and other forms of sensors.
- Diagnose and fix a range of faults on both engine and machine.
- Work from engineering drawings (electrical, mechanical and hydraulic)
- Manufacture parts from drawings using in house facilities (machining, welding and fabrication and fully equipped electronics lab).
- Produce electrical looms to interface engine and machine.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
Skills, experience & qualifications you will have;
- Demonstrable high level of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical/electronic aptitude with a good working knowledge of engines and machines.
- A good working knowledge of instrumentation and its application.
- The ability to use hand/power tools, lifting and welding equipment.
- Applicants will ideally have an engineering or motor mechanics apprenticeship and some relevant work experience.
- Welding and Fabrication skills.
- Previous experience in maintenance repair of off-highway vehicles and/or large goods vehicles
Please contact James Tilley for details.